Saturday, September 25, 2010

Baby's here!

Welcome to the world Ainsley Kate Petersen!  She's a pretty big girl if you have no eyesight and are unable to see.  9# 8oz and 21 inches.  Granted, we have big genes in the family.




The story (real quick):
 So you can see from the below picture that the baby was getting big because I was huge.  Remember, actual due date is Oct 6.

So Thursday Sept 23 I have a growth ultrasound to see how big the baby is getting.  At this point my "due" date has already been bumped up to Oct 1. The tech lets me know that baby is approx 10 lbs.

So Friday morning I meet with my OB and basically we come to the decision that the bun is done in the oven and getting crispy around the edges.  She immediately went to call the hospital to find an opening in the induction schedule, the sooner the better.  Funny thing is is that by 12:30 that afternoon I started laboring on my own.

At 3:15, I'm at the school picking up the carpool after school and get the call to come in.  Of course I have to ditch the other kids and Aaron needs to get home but eventually by 5:00 I'm signed in getting comfy in my open back gown.

By 7:00 the penicillin finally comes down from the pharmacy and by 9:30 it's all in (I was strep B+). It was a bit frustrating as I pride myself in having quick labors and the waiting game was out of my control.  By 10:00 they start the pitocin and break my water by 10:30 or 11:00.  I start pushing around 11:45 and she's born at 12:04 am.

That's the story.

13 comments:

  1. Cute baby! It must be a Nelson thing...we can grow big babies :) How do you pronounce her name? I don't think I've ever heard it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You take the "ains" from rains or pains and add an "lee".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations... She is beautiful.. She looks like you're other babies.. :-) I loved you're story.. quick and to the point. Enjoy... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!! She's a cute little chunker! That darn penicillin takes forever when you're ready to have a baby. All in all, it sounds just about like my birthing stories.

    Hooray for another girl! Cathie told me that Aaron knew the sex but you didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! So glad she arrived safe and sound! I love your birth story - I hated the strep B thing too with Maxwell. Totally drags out what is normally quick! You still have them quick though!! Alex, sorry about the girl thing - you have a lot of protecting to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Love the name - I was hoping you would use that one someday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, she is beautiful! I hope you and baby are all doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I love your new family picture. She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BIG Girl!! So awesome... Super happy for you. Love the family pic of everyone on the bed with you :) The plus of having huge babies is you really feel like you can't break them!! At least I see it as a plus :) Congrats and take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love her, love that she is here, love you! She looks tons like Camryn did.
    Gald everything went well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you had only tried a little harder you could have been Strep A-

    ReplyDelete
  12. How embarrassing...That labor took WAY to LONG! Try a little harder next time okay? (She is adorable by the way. Very "healthy looking".) She doesn't have her mother's runner's body though...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! What a cute name for a darling baby! Hope you are doing well and getting a little rest.

    ReplyDelete