Tuesday, July 24, 2012

An Undisclosed Location

Aaron has safely arrived at his undisclosed location in SW Asia.  I don't know why they don't say the Middle East but whatever.

Here at home we have made it through 3 days of the first week.  I give myself the first week to be sad for as long as I want; working out a new schedule for each day of the week without dad.  Then it's go time.  Sunday night I was apologizing to the kids for crying and Alex said, "It's OK mom, you cried way more last time!" 

Drop off time was 9:45 am at the squadron.  Because of the number of guys leaving, all their bags, and the smallness of the squadron auditorium, our goodbye was more of a "kiss at the curb" event.   We drove to the base, found our own private parking spot in the parking lot, kissed and hugged the kids then I walked Aaron to the door.   It was quick and sad but there is a point where there can be too much goodbye time so it was nice to get on with it.
not too bad considering all the crying!


the poster family for deployment


Once there Aaron said they had a short briefing and then it was on the buses to head to the deployment center.  They ended up flying out later that afternoon.  I got an email Sunday morning saying that they had landed. Let the count-down begin.


1 comment: