Sunday, July 29, 2012

Ainsley did it! Really?

A few weeks ago I was typing away at the computer and Camryn comes down and starts telling me some story.  I'm not listening but putting in the appropriate "hummm..."  and " uh-hugh" when I start to smell baby powder REALLY strongly.  I finally look at Camryn and she is covered in baby powder.  It is puffing off her head when she moves, her black skirt is white and grey, she has to squint one eye... you get the picture.

Me:  "What happened?"
Camryn:  "That's what I'm trying to tell you.  There's baby powder all over my room!"
Me:  "What!?"
Camryn: " Ainsley did it!"

At this point Ainsley comes up from the basement in dress up clothes.  Not a hint of powder.

Me:  "So if Ainsley did it and she was down stairs, why are you covered in powder?"
Camryn:  "I fell in it." 
Me:  "Really?"
Camryn:  (looking at me, herself and then Ainsley)  "I fell a lot!"

you can see the now empty powder container in the background


I get up stairs and there is baby powder billowing in the air in their room and big container is empty.

Me: "You want to tell me what really happened?"
Camryn:  "Nope"
Me:  "Camryn?"
Camryn:  "Maybe I did this" (motioning turning the bottle upside down)  "and then this" (motioning swinging the bottle around in a circle)

Well  at least it's not Vaseline or Desitin. 

Ainsley's off the hook too.

4 comments:

  1. awesome! a little excitement for that day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had that happen before with powdered sugar! Not fun to clean up. Oh, and my girls have the same bedding as yours! Great minds...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no - I love how Ainsley gets the blame but she is clean as a whistle!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Ainsley! Lol!! My boys blamed baby Tucker the other day.....nice!

    ReplyDelete