Sunday, November 1, 2009

You Too?

Just last week Aaron and I were able to ditch our kids with my sucker brother, his wife, and my sister and head down to Las Vegas to enjoy a brief 36 hours of couples vacationing with our good friends the Rasmussen's (who also ditched their kids).  Our purpose in Las Vegas was simple:  See U2! 



It was awesome, as they always are!  Even from the cheap seats in the back of the stadium (where we were) it was a most excellent concert.  I attribute the fun, not only to the band, but to the spectacle of "fans" we were seated with.  Again, we were in the back, so far back that there was no one behind us.  As I found out that night, a slight sense of isolation combined with A LOT of liquid courage equals a fun time.


Let me introduce you to a man I'm going to call 'L Money 50 plus'.  L for the leopard print shirt he was wearing,  Money for the fact that he was wearing a $ sign necklace AND matching ring (both covered in bling) and 50 plus because he was.  He is so awesome that he gets 2 awesomes! 


Another favorite was "trashy ladies man".  This fine male specimen dropped his sweatshirt into the lower bleachers where his woman promptly climbed underneath to retrieve it (never mind all the nast under there).  Her act prompted "trashy ladies man" to let us all know what was going to happen that night when they got home (expletives edited) due to her heroics of saving said sweatshirt.  That's where the trashy comes in.  I don't' have a picture due the explicit poses they were giving - I'm trying to keep this a family blog.  They unfortunately had to leave before the end of the show due to his woman's inebriated state.  I'm sure that she slept soundly all that night.

We ended our vacation flying back to Utah in time to watch BYU get a beat down by TCU (expletives again edited).  This was not awesome.  In fact, it was the opposite of awesome although I still smiled for the pictures.


Hope your last weekend was fun too!
Carolyn and Aaron (tag-team)

4 comments:

  1. SO FUN!! Your personality comes through in your blogging and it makes me miss you so much! We had some good times. :-) Thank for the pic of the U2 ers and I really did want to see Trashy ladies man. :-) Sorry for him that she was too drunk to be rewarded that night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had such a great time, how could you not though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! I love reading your blog! You always meet the most interesting people - scary people!! Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great time! Bran was at the BYU game and he did not come home too happy. Maybe better next time. I'm glad you guys are doing great.

    ReplyDelete