Friday, October 16, 2009

Oh...

So I was coming out of Ashely Home Furniture Collection today (looking for a new couch for those who are curious) with Camryn and there was a guy getting out of his car at about the same time.  Since we were the only two in the parking lot I smiled and was ready to say "hello" when he looked at me and said, "Oh... I see you have a little one with you".  What?  I've been trying to figure where that thought came from and where it was going.  Like "Oh... I was going to ask you out because you are super hot, but I see you have a little one so you must be married"  or "Oh... I was going to ask you for money, but I see you have a little one so you're probably poor"  or better yet "Oh... I WAS going to abduct you and drive off in my non-discript van, but I see you have a little one and don't want to leave her alone in the parking lot".

I guess I'll never know.

8 comments:

  1. This is a GREAT post. I can't stop laughing. And I really do wonder what he was thinking. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL You're so funny! No Matter what the situation, Good thing you "had a little one with you".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I agree - like he was planning something else but changed his mind - I vote for he was going to ask you out but changed his mind! How is the hunt for the couch?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! It had to be that he wanted to ask you out but didn't want the responsibility of the little one. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is creepy!! There are weird people everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard that ladies with little kids with them are less likely to get abducted...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I thought you just had a weird tumor on your hip, but then I realized it was a small person, not a tumor at all. And I'm so awkward I can't cover my surprise.

    ReplyDelete