Friday, December 4, 2009

7

So Alex turned 7 last week. It's amazing that I've been a mom long enough to have a 7 year old.  We of course got pictures and thought I'd share them with the world.


Looking at last year's picture I see now that he's older but I guess I didn't notice it until now.  That and when he told me that he wasn't a baby anymore. 

He loves 1st grade and has recently joined the "Jump Club" which is exactly as it sounds.  They meet twice a week and jump rope.  "Coach" Aldridge teaches them tricks for an assembly at the end of the year and Alex is one mean double-dutcher.  Right now his life's ambition is to lose a tooth as he seems to be the only 1st grader who hasn't yet. 

13 comments:

  1. Holy smokes, it's a mini-Aaron. How did he get so big?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Alex looks so old! I was a "palpatating panther" in 4th and 5th grade. (We were the Palm Crest Panthers and it was a jump roping club. I loved it. I can still jumprope better than anyone I know. Just don't let him continute on his dream of jumping rope into high school. Those guys were weirdos...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex is so cute! He is a perfect mix of his parents. You can tell him that Tanner has not lost a tooth either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is one good looking kid! He'll have to give us a jump rope demo at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was pretty sure that when we knew you guys in Toledo, he couldn't get any cuter... I was wrong. He is such a cute guy! Happy Birthday Alex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Alex! They grow up way too fast, where oh where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday! Oh - I remember when you were a little cute baby! I remember you running around my house and even some great Halloween costumes! You have grown up so much and it is amazing! Glad you like 1st grade - I bet you are doing terrific!! Love from Ohio - M5 Ethington

    ReplyDelete
  8. I expect a Jump Roping performance at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to exercise and have fun! I expect a demo next time we see you! I love the pictures - he's looking so grown up! Happy Birthday! I still remember his 3rd birthday party when Will didn't want to give him his gift!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Alex!!! You are growing up so quickly! Love his smile! Hope your birthday was the best ever! Tell your mom to post a video of you double dutching sometime...that would be neat to see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dang! He looks like a more grown up, more masculine version of Aaron.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yea they grow up way too quickly. Kelsey turns 7 this summer. Doesn't that mean we're getting older too?

    ReplyDelete